What To Do and some things best Not TO DO when you spill something on your Laptop
Liquids and laptops combined tend to cause hardware damage and loss of personal data. However, depending on how one reacts, these possible outcomes can be mitigated.
Steps to follow when something gets spilled on the laptop:
- If the laptop is currently on hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn it off
- Remove the battery and or the power cord connected to the laptop
- Turn the laptop upside down and leave in an open position, gravity can be your savior
- Contact your friendly Tech support as soon as possible, sugary and or acidic beverages can
continue to do damage to the device.
What not do to:
- Do not turn the laptop back on till it has been serviced by your Tech support
Many people make this mistake and short out the device and lose data.